The Lost Art of Thinking
The Lost Art of Thinking
The Lost Art of Thinking: How To Improve Emotional Intelligence and Achieve Peak Mental Performance
By Neil Nedley, M.D.
“Anyone desiring ideal brain function and optimal mental health would do well to incorporate this information into their lives. Students around the world will be astounded at the academic and personal growth they achieve, and people of all ages will unlock the full ability of their minds using the secrets revealed in this book." ~ Daniel Binus M.D., Doctor of Psychiatry, Loma Linda, California
Would you like to begin a series of life enhancements that lead to a truly happy way of life? The Lost Art of Thinking is your complete life satisfaction plan.
Surveys reveal that the prime interests of adults worldwide remain the same over the years. Health is of utmost concern, with the second focus being how to understand and get along with people. A third topic of attention is always prevalent, and universal - how to become happy and stay happy.
This book provides real answers to all three inquiries, offering a comprehensive section on each of these areas. As you put the principles of this book into action, you will find that the three subjects are intricately related. True lasting fulfillment in any of these areas is not possible unless you address all three.
The Lost Art of Thinking is a unique tool that you can use to improve mental performance, emotional intelligence, and life satisfaction in a practical and all-inclusive way.
In this ground-breaking book, you’ll learn how to:
• Experience emotional calm and stability under tremendous stress.
• Make lasting positive changes in your mental ability and mood.
• Find high levels of motivation, with more energy and better productivity.
• Develop a high ability to think through complex decisions, analyze information accurately, and make correct decisions habitually.
• Improve your relationships and enjoy a healthy zest for life.
• Use cognitive behavioral therapy to manage the thought processes that make-or-break mental performance.
• Avoid the ten "cognitive distortions" which can impede your mental performance.
• Leverage the effect of natural remedies such as sunshine, rest, water, exercise, fresh air, and good nutrition to promote good thinking habits.
• Cope with obstacles such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, grief, and addictions to achieve better brain function.
• Balance the relationship between three timeless concepts (altruism, truth, and freedom) to optimize frontal lobe function.
• ...and so much more!
More than 400 pages of cutting-edge information and full-color illustrations await you in this fully referenced volume. Order your copy of The Lost Art of Thinking today!
Hardcover: 429 pgs.
Publisher: Nedley Publishing (January 1, 2011)